Sunday, August 31, 2014

Enemonit Island

I found a sandy beach!!! 


Enemonit island is only a short boat ride away. It is the first/last (depending on your perspective) island of Majuro atoll.  
We had such a blast there!  I even had a couple of firsts... 

Hermit crabs.. Yes, I ate one!  It was rubbery.

I also drank some beer.  I usually have one sip and stop from there. 

They had a pig roast and I had some. 

The reason I had those firsts.... In Marshall island, when someone offers you something, it's rude not to take it... I guess that's a good thing because it makes me try new things that I wouldn't otherwise.

The island is owned by a wealthy family in Majuro. They allow people to visit on Sundays. 

While taking the boat there, we saw a plane under water! 



Yes, a commercial airliner!

The rest are pictures from the island. 


We rode the boat in the rain!







Marshallese children love to be photographed. It's hilarious







Three islands on way back to Majuro

Children on Ejjit (another island near Majuro)




1 comment:

  1. You're braver than I am! Would have to really force myself to eat those things! Love the flip flop tan!

    ReplyDelete