Each volunteer gets a room with their own bathroom including a shower (yay! But i actually will miss the bucket showers.. I have gotten used to them). There is a shared kitchen and living room with a huge library of books! Each room has a sliding door that connects to somewhat of a shared patio.
We had a regular sized school bus to help us move from our orientation site to our dorm. The bus was more than halfway full with our stuff! There are some volunteers still on the island waiting for their departure so they are staying in the dorm as well for a few days. It took us about 1 hour to load the bus and about 15 minutes to unload the bus! The interpreter (Lori) took a picture and will send it to me. I will post it once I get it.
The coordinators for Deaf World Teach are here to discuss Deaf Ed and help us get ready for the students to start school on Monday so that means more training but I am sure it will be very beneficial to us!
Books!!! Yay!!!! I would not like the roaches or rats either! Yuck! You're very brave!! Xoxo
ReplyDeleteI have the plug thingy and haven't seen rats yet *knock on wood* but my school does have mice
DeleteEwwww but better than rats! Oxoxox
DeleteBravo!!! Where's the photo? You forgot? Looking forward to the next chapter of your life on your blog!!!! Be sure to keep room especially kitchen clean to prevent more roaches visiting you guys! Love you my dear...mOm
ReplyDeleteThe picture is in the next post. I was waiting for someone to send me the picture and posted it right when I got it.
DeleteThere's no way to prevent roaches ugh but there's much less roaches now. Oxox
Delete