Saturday, April 4, 2015

Reef Walking

I have known that you can walk over the reef to reach the other islands beyond Rita.  I haven't had a chance to do it until one of the volunteers told me she was going this morning.  I grabbed the chance to go, and I am grateful I did!

Walking on to the end of the Island


Selfie! 

Just over the little hills, water is at low tide so can walk across it




Starfish

No water! 

Gotta walk over the rocks/coral pieces

Little river



Ejit!


This crab was creepy.  It had red eyes and would keep its eyes on me while walking to its hiding place... 

Found a downed tree--could resist walking onto the trunk





Only took me two tries to reach the end of the tree

Great snorkeling spot! 

You can see the coral under the water. 


Bye bye snorkeling spot! 

I saw so many different marine animals.  I saw a big blow fish, big angel fish, many different colored fish (nots sure the names), clam, and possibly a sea horse.  I do not have a camera that will take good pictures under the water so I will definitely go back when I get the camera!  I can't wait to show everyone what I saw.  It was really cool! 

1 comment:

  1. Tides are always so interesting to me! It's crazy that it's all controlled by the pull of the moon!

    ReplyDelete