Yesterday, I decided to go to Barnes n Noble bookstore to buy some books for the kiddos in Majuro...
This is what $150 in books look like. I did not get some of my favorite books because I thought that the books would not relate to their lives. For example, I love "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" but I figured that it wouldn't be a good idea since there doesn't seem to be any caterpillars or butterflies there and the children there do not eat the food listed in the book. Another favorite is "Snowmen at Night" about what snowmen do at night when we are sleeping. I didn't get it for obvious reasons (it doesn't snow there). I will be mailing a box of books tomorrow.
I also ordered some Marshallese books that are on their way to me now.
I am planning to get some toys and dolls to either bring with me or mail there. I got a list of items that the early intervention program needs, so I will get some items on the list.

I'm sure they will love anything you bring!!
ReplyDelete