Well, I have arrived to Majuro! The airport is basically a runway with a "house" without walls. They have a passport ststion, baggage claim and then customs inspection, and then you are free to explore!
Majuro is very hot and humid. I never thought I would love the rain so much. When it rains, it is very cool and breezy.
The first day we were here, there was no power on this part of the island so we had no power for the first day. We couldn't flush the toilet, and had to manually flush the toilet using a bucket of water to force it to flush. The power came back on the next morning, 12 hours after the promised time. 😄 we have had power since then. I have also learned how to do showers using a bucket. It is not bad, actually. The water is lukewarm and very refreshing.
Yesterday (Saturday), a bunch of us walked to a beach nearby and swam in the rain. It the water was very warm! It was my first time swimming in Majuro!
There was a local little boy and girl who decided to join us. They walked into the water with no shoes on and all of us had to have shoes on because of the coral. I got two small cuts when trying to get out of the water even though I had shoes on.
I am doing very good here, going through orientation and meeting the other volunteers. They are very interested in learning sign language and communicating with us!



WTG! Proud of you being brave in volunteering there...love you....mOm
ReplyDeleteThanks mom! ❤️
DeleteWow! Big changes! Glad you're adjusting! Xoxo
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome. I know you will be a great deaf model role.
ReplyDeleteThanks Sandra!
Delete